ブログ内検索

2014年1月8日水曜日

the 1st year anniversary of the English class

      Today is an anniversary for me. Because I have joined the English class of Asahi Culture Center, Nakanoshima in the last January. And this year, I didn't rest even once! But, it is a long way to be a fluent speaker and writer.

     The reason I'm attending class eagerly is quite a suitable to get used to English. In this class, a volunteer student presents an article which is selected from the New York Times within 15 minute before we discuss about that issue in English. Candidates is selected by our teacher "Tad", article is determined by the vote of the students.The article presented by a volunteer is voted from the candidate that our teacher has chosen. The selected article is scheduled as the materials of two weeks after.

      In fact, I did not know the reality of the culture center until I participated this class. However, I was using a metaphor of a Culture Center in Japan like that  "this is different from a culture center" or "it seems like a cultural center". Probably, the person who is using a negative metaphor of the cultural center has prejudice to the learner for the culture, as a consumer of a culture. Through my experience in this year, I realized that culture center is not a shopping mall of culture, but cross roads of the cultures.

      I saw the "Close Up Gendai" (Today's Close-up)  just featuring Ms. Malala Yousafzai. She is well known a 16-year-old girl fighting to get the right of girls' education and also famous survivor who was attacked by fundamentalists. In the interview by Hiroko KUNIYA, "Going to school is a way to entering the new world of learning" Malala said so. Now, I am grateful to have an environment to learn to the new world even around 40's.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿