ブログ内検索

2013年2月20日水曜日

back to...

Today, I'm back to my school. This school is not the Ritsumeikan, but my English class in Nakanoshima. Because our lecturer Tad visited to India in this 2 weeks, so our classes were not scheduled, previously. So, starting today's session, all most of all students asked him the impression of India.

Today, we focused into a diplomacy as an ethical issue by using the article from The New York Times.  After sharing a summery by a presenter, Tad led our discussion to clear the bipolarity between realpolitik and idealism. As the author said, the internet brought about a brand new type of diplomacy through hyper-connectivity. Therefore, Tad asked us which is his (author's) standing point, so we exchange the difference between national interest and universal value.

At least for me, I went to Europe in last week, so I can realize the new diplomacy by direct communication on the meeting and via the internet. But the author, Roger Cohen, criticizes the "citizen-diplomats" as "blathering". However, I hate this kind of thinkings. Maybe, I'm an idealist, I DO NOT want to treat a active citizen's cry as onomatopoeia.

In this morning, I got a mail from Amsterdam. The writer was Evert van Voskuilen, who was an urban architectural project leader of the revitalization project in Bijlmermeer. He sent us the resources which were shown on his iPad at our visiting on 14th Feb 2013, and he noticed again the importance of "Urban Program of Requirements" and "Operational Consultation" around the intermingled cultural situation. I will never forget this attention with Tad's instruction for "syncretism" by talking about his experience in India.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿